So my plan of reading only queer books in June kind of really failed. This is what happens when you have a million library holds and ONLY books you weren’t planning on reading were fulfilled.
I would say I had a pretty good reading month in terms of quality and probably low/average in terms of quantity. I’ve been slacking on my audiobook game and that is 100% the reason that I read a couple books less than normal this month.
I would probably recommend most if not all of the below books. ENJOY!
Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi
This was so cute and the cover is adorable
- very cute Teen Movie™
- Jewish Mexican mc & practicing muslim mc
- f/f romance
- hate to love story
If It Makes You Happy by Clair Kann
this is was a super fun, summer read that you will love
- fat black queer girl mc
- queerplatonic relationship
- complicated family dynamics
- set during the summer!
- v cute romance
Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff
This is 100% for fans of My Favorite Murder. If you listen, you will probs love it. If you don’t, you probably won’t really care
- narrated by the authors!
- part memoir, part comedy, part true crime
Red, White & Royal Blue By Casey McQuiston
One of my favorite romance books of the year!
- enemies to lovers
- m/m romance between prince of england anf first son of the us
- so FUNNY
- some p sexy romance scenes
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Quite possibly my new favorite series. Ever
- Takes places in an assassin school. ASSASSIN. SCHOOL!
- The sassiest of sassiest writing
- some good good romances scenes
- gore and blood and murder
Wilder Girls by Rory Power
Very eerie and gory and has east coast vibes
- serious body gore
- complicated characters
- v mysterious (I pictured lots of fog even if that is inaccurate lol)
- queer girls trapped on an island
Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
It is exactly what it presents itself to be
- sexy scenes are WOW intense
- the mc is a clown (true) and li is a retired baseball player
- childhood friend of older sibling to lovers situation
Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
Somehow just as good as the first book idk how you do it, Jay
- just as much blood and gore and murder as before
- queer girls hello
- twists and turns
- i love competitions!!
2 thoughts on “A bunch of books I read and loved | June 2019 Wrap-Up”
I loved RWRB & can’t wait to read Aminah’s book! I have it from the library so I guess I should pick it up now!
LikeLiked by 1 person
yesss theyre both so good!
LikeLiked by 1 person